Jaipur is the capital of Rajasthan and is also known as the ‘ Pink City.’ Jaipur Pink City is so called because most of the historical fortifications and structures around the city are in pink color. Jaipur India is sprawled with palaces with intricate motifs, elaborate design, and architecture. Palaces, temples, forts, and royal regalia is what you experience visiting Jaipur as a part of Rajasthan Jaipur tourism. Relish the delish Rajasthani cuisine, shop for souvenirs and colorful embellished clothing and accessories, and experience the royal city that speaks of a history and legacy of Rajput empires over many ages. There are many places to visit in Jaipur tourism.
- City Palace Jaipur History Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism
- Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism: City Palace Museum Jaipur India
- Chandra Mahal Jaipur Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism
- Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism: Jantar Mantar Jaipur India
- Mubarak Mahal Jaipur Places To Visit In Jaipur Pink City
- Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism: Hawa Mahal Jaipur India
- Jal Mahal History Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism
- Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism: Amer Fort And Palace
- Nahargarh Fort History Places To Visit In Jaipur India
- Places To Visit In Jaipur Pink City: Birla Mandir Jaipur History
Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism
1. City Palace Jaipur History Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism
City Palace is an ancient palatial palace built in the 17th century and is situated in the Old City of Jaipur India. It is a blend of Rajput and Mughal architecture. Within the palace are halls, mahals, and museums that have a collection of the Rajput’s emperors from a different era. Jaipur tourism lists this place at the top of their list because this palace holds a significant history. Diwan-E-Khaas, Diwan-E-Am, Chandra Mahal, Mubarak Mahal, and Sileh Khana are a part of this palace.
City Palace Jaipur Timings:
0930hrs to 1700hrs
City Palace Jaipur Entry Fee:
2. Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism: City Palace Museum Jaipur India
Inside the City, Palace has housed the City Palace museum that has collections of the Rajput emperors such as, jewelry, clothes, weapons, and has two silver jars which as recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s largest silver jars. There are three portions in the museum; the textile museum, arms museum, and the art museum. One of the famous places to visit in Jaipur tourism.
3. Chandra Mahal Jaipur Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism
Chandra Mahal inside the City Palace complex is the residence of the current ruler of Jaipur India. It is one of the palatial complexes with citadels and has 7 floors. Every floor is decorated with carvings and intricate motifs. Flags on the top of the Mahal are hoisted to signify the presence of the King in the palace.
Chandra Mahal Jaipur Timing:
0930hrs to 1700hrs
Chandra Mahal Jaipur Ticket Price:
2500 INR per person for a visit from morning till evening
4. Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism: Jantar Mantar Jaipur India
Maharaja Sawai Singh built the Jantar Mantar which provides accurate timing and study space, constellations, the timing of eclipse, predicting the time, monsoon, and more. Jantar Mantar is a UNESCO heritage site and an observatory that has been built by the Maharaja using geometric devices and instruments. In India, there are five places where you find Jantar Mantar, Ujjain, Delhi, Varanasi, Mathura, and Jaipur pink city.
Jantar Mantar Jaipur Timings:
0900hrs to 1630hrs
Jantar Mantar Jaipur Entry Fee:
5. Mubarak Mahal Jaipur Places To Visit In Jaipur Pink City
Inside the City Palace complex are a beautiful courtyard and the first one built in the 19th century by Maharaja Madho Singh II. It is built in the medieval style of architecture of the Rajputs. On various floors of the Mahal, you will find the display of textiles, embroidered fabrics, clothes of the royals, hookah, musical instruments, ivory and pottery items, and other items of the royals and a glance of Jaipur tourism.
Mubarak Mahal Jaipur Timings:
0930hrs to 1700hrs
Mubarak Mahal Jaipur Entry fee:
Read More: Tourist Places To Visit In Jaisalmer Tourism
6. Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism: Hawa Mahal Jaipur India
Hawa Mahal is a marvel in architecture as this is the palace that is built without a foundation. It was built in the 17th century by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh. Hawa Mahal was designed for royal ladies to view the events and festivals on the roads from the windows of this palace. It has 152 windows and decorative balconies. Hawa Mahal is now turned into a museum where the royal collections are on display.
Hawa Mahal Timings:
0900hrs to 1700hrs
Hawa Mahal Ticket Price:
7. Jal Mahal History Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism
The Jal Mahal is located at the center of Man Sagar Lake and is also known as the Water Palace. It is built in the blend of Mughal and Rajput architecture. Four stories amongst the five stories remain below the water of the lake. Maharaja Madho Singh II built this palace in the 17th century and used it as a lodge after duck hunting. Boats are hired to reach this palace. You can find flamingos, Pintails, and other migratory birds around the palace. The palace provides a beautiful view and is one of the significant palaces visited when touring Jaipur tourism.
Jal Mahal Jaipur Timing:
0900hrs to 1700hrs
Jal Mahal Jaipur Entry fee:
8. Places To Visit In Jaipur Tourism: Amer Fort And Palace
The Amber Fort and Palace is one of the beautiful fortifications built in the blend of Mughal and Rajput architectural style. It is built in red sandstone and has beautiful pavilions and gardens. Amber fort was built by Maharaja Man Singh and later many more structures were added to the fort by preceding rulers. Inside the fort is a Sheesh Mahal made in mirrors and Sukh Mandir made in sandalwood and ivory. Amer was the capital of Rajasthan before the capital was moved to Jaipur. Inside the fort is also a step well which is worth a view.
Amer Fort Timing:
0800hrs to 1700hrs
Amer Fort Entry Fee:
9. Nahargarh Fort History Places To Visit In Jaipur India
You can trek to the Nahargarh Fort and admire the beautiful landscape of Aravalli hills and parts of the fortifications. This fort overlooks the Jaipur city and was used a defensive fortification for the city. As per the legends, when this fort was being constructed by Maharaja Jai Singh, he found the site to be haunted as the previous day’s work of construction would get destroyed by next day. A shrine was constructed in the name of the haunted spirit Nahar Singh Rathore and the construction was completed. Inside the fort are Sheesh Mahal and Wax museum which are tourist attractions in Jaipur tourism.
Nahargarh Fort Timing:
1000hrs to 1730hrs
Nahargarh Fort Ticket Price:
10. Places To Visit In Jaipur Pink City: Birla Mandir Jaipur History
The Birla Mandir is built by Birla Group and is located on the foot of Moti Dongri Hill. The temple is made of white marble and has beautiful domes. This temple houses deities Lord Vishnu and goddess Lakshmi. The exterior of this temple is built in carvings and paintings that respect various religions like, Christianity, Zohasaratrian, and Buddhism. It has lush gardens and a serene atmosphere.
Birla Mandir Jaipur Timings:
0600hrs to 1200hrs, 1500hrs to 2100hrs
Birla Mandir Jaipur Entry fee:
Places To Visit In Jaipur For Shopping
The Tripolia Bazar and the Johari Bazar are the best places to visit in Jaipur India, to buy traditional Rajasthani jewelry. But artworks made in marble in the Chandpole Bazar. For textiles and Rajasthani, clothing visits the Kishanpole Bazar. For everything else, you can visit the Sireh Deori bazaar and buy all the goods that you need. Before buying these things make sure you the read the below Jaipur shopping tips.
Jaipur Shopping Tips
- You can bargain for half price of the said price in the bazaars of Jaipur markets. Don’t buy if the shopkeeper is unwilling to reduce the price. You could find something better in the same area of shopping.
- Many shopkeepers understand and speak English. It is advantageous to speak in the local language. You can still get what you want speaking English in the markets.
- Jaipur pink city is popular for shopping scams. Do not blindly go by the advice of hotel owners to shop in a particular place as they could get some benefit from it. Use your discretion and choose places to shop based on your own judgment.
How To Visit Jaipur Pink City
Jaipur has a domestic and international airport for people who want to travel by air. The domestic airport is located at 7 km from the city and the international airport is located 10 km from the city. You can reach Jaipur by train as it is connected to various cities in India. Most of the trains stop at the Jaipur railway station. You can also reach Jaipur by NH52 as it is well connected with RSRTC as well as private Volvo buses.
Read More: Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism