Jodhpur city is known as the blue city because most of the homes in Jodhpur city are painted in blue. This city was a prominent city which was ruled by royal Rajput emperors and has many historical monuments, forts, and palaces. Tourist places to visit in Jodhpur tourism includes pre-historic places, art, architecture, temples, lakes, and heritage sites. Know more about the Jodhpur weather and Jodhpur to Jaisalmer.
- Mehrangarh Fort History Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
- Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur: Umed Garden Zoo
- Machiya Park Jodhpur Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Umaid Bhawan Palace
- Jaswant Thada History Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
- Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Mandore Gardens
- Sardar Samand Lake A Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
- Chamunda Mata Mandir Jodhpur, Rajasthan
- Ranisar Padamsar A Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
- Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Mandleshwar Mahadev Jodhpur
- Kaylana Lake Boating Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
- Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Balsamand Lake
- Osian Village A Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
- Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Khimsar Village
- Phalodi Fort A Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur City
Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
1. Mehrangarh Fort History Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
This is one of the largest forts in India and has many mini palaces within. It was the residing place of many Rajput emperors from the bygone era. Jodhpur tourism includes this fort in the top of its list for its popularity amongst tourists and its history. This fort is now converted to a museum that showcases items and artifacts that depict the heritage and culture of the Rajput kings of the historic era.
Inside this fort is the Sheesh Mahal made with glass. There is mirror work on the walls, ceilings, and the floor. This is one of the exotic palaces inside the fort that depict the artistic work in architecture.
Mehrangarh Fort Timings
0900hrs to 1700hrs
Mehrangarh Fort Entry Fee
2. Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Umed Garden Zoo
Jodhpur city also gives you the glimpse of the wildlife and the lush green through the Umed Garden Zoo. There are many species of birds and deer in this garden.. You can spot many animals and birds and spend an entire day here having a picnic with family and kids. These are one of the most beautiful and well-maintained gardens in Jodhpur city where you can spit peacocks and dotted deer. This is a public garden which has a zoo, a Shiva temple, and a library.
3. Machiya Park Jodhpur Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Nature and wildlife lovers can visit the Machia Safari Park also known as the Machia Biological Park. You can spot crocodiles, lions, deer, reptiles, desert fox, birds, and many herbivore animals. There is a separate aviary for bird lovers where you can watch exotic birds. The sunset at this park gives a stunning view. These are one of the interesting things to do at Jodhpur city.
Machia Biological Park Timings
0800hrs to 1730hrs
Machia Biological Park Entry Fee
4. Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Umaid Bhawan Palace
This is one of the most stunning palaces known for its design and architecture and marks the end of the Rajput era in India. There is a museum, a hotel, and a part of this palace is still used by the royal family of Jodhpur. Every portion of this palace speaks of brilliance in its design and craftsmanship.
Umaid Bhawan Palace Timings
5. Jaswant Thada History Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
This is a tomb built in the memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh and is one of the iconic landmarks of Jodhpur. It is located closer to the Mehrangarh Fort and is known for its architecture and design. It is constructed in white marble and has many intricate carvings and design elements within the tomb.
Jaswant Thada Timings
0900hrs to 1700hrs
Jaswant Thada Ticket Price
6. Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Mandore Gardens
Inside this garden is a temple from the 6th century that has 33 crore gods. This is one of the most ancient places in Jodhpur that existed even before Jodhpur came into existence. There is also a museum and a park where you can relax. This is one of the heritage sites in Jodhpur city.
Mandore Garden Timings
0900hrs to 2000hrs
Mandore Garden Entry Fees
7. Sardar Samand Lake A Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
This is one of the tranquil lakes in Jodhpur city where you can spot animals and birds like the chinkara, nilgai, and black bucks. You can visit this lake for its beauty and bird watching. You will find many migratory birds in this lake.
8. Chamunda Mata Mandir Jodhpur, Rajasthan
Goddess Chamunda was the most revered goddess of the royal families. The idol of goddess Chamunda was brought inside the Mehrangarh Fort. Till date devotees visit this temple to receive the blessings of the goddess.
9. Ranisar Padamsar A Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
Ranisar and Padamsar are two lakes which were built in the 14th century. They are adjacent to each other and were commissioned to be built by Queen Padmini. They are located closer to the Mehrangarh Fort.
10. Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Mandleshwar Mahadev Jodhpur
This is one of the oldest temples in Jodhpur city that is dedicated to Lord Shiva and goddess Parvati. There are beautiful paintings on the temples of the walls. This temple was built in 923 A.D.
11. Kaylana Lake Boating Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
This is an artificial lake where you can go boating and view the picturesque surroundings. This is one of the popular picnic spots in Jodhpur city and is one of the romantic places where you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the place.
Kaylana Lake Boating Timing
Morning to late evening hours
12. Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Balsam and Lake
This lake is situated 5 km away from Jodhpur city and was built in the 11th century. There is a palace closer to the lake and was used as a summer palace by Maharajas of Jodhpur. Surrounding the lake are the lush gardens where you can spot peacocks and jackals.
Balsamand Lake Timings
0600hrs to 2000hrs
13. Osian Village A Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism
This village is located 65 km from Jodhpur city and is dotted with ancient Hindu and Jain temples. Osian was the silk route for trading between the 8th and 12 century. You can visit the 8th and 12-century temples and marvel at the carvings and intricate drawings on the temple walls.
14. Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur Tourism: Khimsar Village
Khimsar is one of the most rustic and tranquil villages located inside the Thar Desert. It also has the Khimsar fort which is one of the stunning places to visit for its beauty and architecture. You can spot peacocks, parrots, and many animals in this hot area of the desert which is uncommon to find in such a hot location.
15. Phalodi Fort A Tourist Places To Visit In Jodhpur City
Phalodi fort was built in the 14th century and depicts the pre-historic era of Jodhpur city. This is one of the historic sites in Jodhpur city that depicts the life in that era through its artistic paintings and architecture of the Marwar rulers.
Jodhpur To Jaisalmer
You can reach Jodhpur from Jaisalmer by bus, train, and flight. By road, it is nearly a 4-5 hours of journey. There are many flights available to reach Jaisalmer from Jodhpur. The distance between Jodhpur and Jaisalmer is 285.1 km.
Jodhpur is pleasant between the months of October and March and this is the best time to visit the Blue City. This is the winter season and the weather is pleasant during these months. Summer in Jodhpur begins in March and ends in June, the weather is soaring hot in this season. Jodhpur receives very less rainfall. The rainy season runs from July to September.
Read More: Udaipur Tourist Guide