Tourists need to follow a set procedure to be able to go to Amarnath Temple Yatra for pilgrimage. It is important to get the Amarnath Yatra registration done before going to Amarnath yatra for safety and security as the tracks are mountainous. In a day 7500 registrations are made and 15000 pilgrims allowed. Tourists who are below 13 years of age and above 75 years of age are not allowed to take this pilgrimage. That said, newborns are not allowed on this pilgrimage. You can get the registration form for the yatra from various banks in India. To be able to apply for this registration you need a health certificate. The Compulsory Health Certificate(CHC) is a format that available online on all the yatra websites. You need to clear this certificate as this pilgrimage is located at a higher altitude where there is extreme cold, humidity, and ultraviolet rays.
- Amarnath Yatra Registration Important Point
- Amarnath History And Significance
- Things Needed For Amarnath Yatra Registration
- Amarnath Yatra Registration Medical Certificate Form: Physical Fitness Certificate
- Documentation Needed For Amarnath Registration
- Amarnath Registration Step-By-Step Process
- Amarnath Yatra Address: Location
- Amarnath Pincode
- Amarnath Yatra On Foot
1. Amarnath Yatra Registration Important Point
- Amarnath yatra cannot be taken at any time of the year.
- There are press releases about the date of commencement of the yatra every year.
- The registration process is only for those pilgrims who want to take the yatra on foot.
- Those who want to use the helicopter services do not have to fill the application form and only need a certified medical certificate.
2. Amarnath History And Significance
Amarnath is a holy cave of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati. During the Vedic times, the cave was discovered by Bhrigu Rishi. In the recent times, a shepherd named Buta Malik discovered this holy cave. This lingam inside this cave is formed naturally through stalagmites. This is the lingam that waxes and wanes as per the moon cycles. This is the place where Lord Shiva gave lessons of immortality to Goddess Parvati.
3. Things Needed For Amarnath Yatra Registration
4. Amarnath Yatra Registration Medical Certificate Form: Physical Fitness Certificate
SASB(Amarnath Shrine Board) is the authority that provides physical fitness certificate. You need to apply for this certificate which is available along with the application form. You need to get certified by this board to start the process of registration. This is a mandatory certificate.
5. Documentation Needed For Amarnath Temple Yatra Registration
For Amarnath temple yatra, you need identity proof documents like
- Voter ID
- Driving license
- Aadhar Card
- Or any other identity proof to start the process of application.
Also get your insurance as the route is usually hazardous.
6. Amarnath Registration Step-By-Step Process
- The issue of the Yatra Permit is done on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- The registration forms are available in all the branches of YES Bank, Punjab National Bank, and Jammu and Kashmir Bank.
- One permit is valid per traveler.
- Every bank is allotted per day and per quota registrations which the bank has to make sure that it does not exceed.
- Forms for registration and CHC are available for free at these branches of the bank.
- You will need all the above-mentioned documents, 4 passport size photographs, and filled-in application along with an authorized approved medical certificate to be submitted to get the yatra permit.
- There are two routes to Amarnath. From Baltan and Pahalgam. These color-coded routes are printed on the permit. Each day for the yatra has a different color coding.
- The day of the yatra is written on the permit.
- The issuing bank must print the year and date of the yatra permit after you get the yatra permit.
- This step is never done in advance but only after getting a yatra permit.
- After the completion of all the formalities, the registration officer gives the permit after the payment of 50 INR.
- The officer then posts the photographs after checking the application form and signs the permit.
- All this is done on the spot and not in advance.
- Details like the serial number of the permit, date of the yatra, details of the traveler like name and address details, contact numbers of family members in case of emergency, and route of the yatra are recorded by the registration officer.
- The Nodal bank has to inform the yatra officer day-wise details of all the travelers.
7. Amarnath Yatra Address: Location
Baltal Amarnath Trek, Forest Block, Anantnag, Pahalgam, Jammu and Kashmir, India.
8. Amarnath Pincode
Amarnath pincode 192230
9. Amarnath Yatra On Foot
Amarnath yatra is one of the holiest pilgrimages that you can take in a lifetime. The route is well connected, however, direct travel with taxi is not possible. You can either take a helicopter tour or go through this registration process if you want to take a walking tour to the temple cave.