Shaurya Smarak is a war memorial in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh. It was built in an area of 12.67 acres of land. It is dedicated to army, airforce, and navy officers who lost their lives during the war. Shaurya Smarak is built with a budget of 41 crores. The main attraction of this war memorial is the 62 feet pillar which has inscriptions of the names of the soldiers who lost their lives during the war. Here we will be giving you more other information about the Shaurya Smark Bhopal.
- Shaurya Smarak Bhopal Architect
- Shaurya Smarak Features
- Shaurya Smarak Bhopal Opening Days
- Shaurya Smarak Ticket
- Shaurya Smarak Bhopal Location
- Shaurya Smarak Photo Gallery
1. Shaurya Smarak Bhopal Architect
Shona Jain, an architect from Mumbai designed this war memorial. Shaurya Smarak has many features and places of tourist attraction within the complex of the war memorial. The architecture is designed in the theme of war and depicts scenes from the historical timeline of India including the ancient times of Ramayana and Mahabharata. This is a memorial with many unique features that make it a must visit the attraction and inspires patriotism.
The war memorial is built in the architectural style of a traditional Hindu temple. It has many chambers, and a Garbha Griha, the main chamber that is found in temples. This is the chamber that pays homage to the soldiers and is the final chamber to be visited to pay respect to the soldiers who lost their lives fighting the enemies.
At the 62 foot Shaurya Stambh, which is a pole with inscriptions of the names of the soldiers, light is lit to show respect to the martyrs. This Stambh represents the life of soldiers who devoted their lives to the country. The Stambh is made in granite and is placed on a marble pedestal.
The architecture used in this war memorial is distinct as it is designed in a style that is non-architectural. No typical architectural elements are used in designing and building a war memorial which is usually built using certain architectural aspects.
Every bit if the Stambha has a symbolic significance. It depicts the victory over death and the liberation of the soul. The texture that is used for the Stambha is used to depict the severity and roughness of the war. The final zone of the war memorial a red sculpture is used to depict that the soul is eternal and indestructible.
Military aesthetics have been used blended with many other architectural forms to design and build this unique war memorial. This war memorial is unique because it has many distinct features and zones that are built and designed using symbolism.
2. Shaurya Smarak Features
- The most distinct feature of the war memorial is the Shaurya Stambh which is 62 feet tall and is built using symbolism.
- The red spot below the pillar depicts blood and the white marble depicts life.
- There is an amphitheater inside the war memorial complex that depicts wars over the timeline of history and the ruins it has brought to human life.
- The war memorial is built with the messages from Bhagwat Gita about life, death, and the eternality of the soul.
- The Memorial Museum has war pictures from Ramayana, Mahabharata, Kalinga War, and many other wars that took place after Indian Independence.
- There are zones which have exhibits that depict the difficult war scenes from the Siachen war zone.
- There is also a gallery of pictures of valiant warriors who have received the Param Vir Chakra.
- You can also find miniature models of the war zone.
- It has a light and sound facility that narrates the stories of the brave soldiers who lost their lives in the war.
- The area around the Shaurya Stambh has real shoes of the soldiers displayed.
- It was inaugurated by PM Narendra Modi on 14th October 2016.
3. Shaurya Smarak Bhopal Opening Days
Shaurya Smarak is open all around the week, from 12:00hrs to 19:00hrs except on Wednesday.
4. Shaurya Smarak Ticket
10INR Per Person
5. Shaurya Smarak Bhopal Location
6. Shaurya Smarak Photo Gallery
You May Also Like To Read More About Great Stupa At Sanchi: Sanchi Tourism: Sanchi Stupa Facts
You May Also Like To Read More About Pachmarhi Tour Guide: Places To Visit In Pachmarhi Tourism