Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal is the largest masjid in India and second largest in Asia. Muslims from different parts of the world visit this masjid. Being the biggest mosque, it holds religious, mythological, and architectural significance. People from any religious background can visit this masjid.
- Who Made Taj Ul Masjid?
- Taj Ul Masjid History And Architecture
- Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal Facts
- How To Reach Taj Ul Masajid Bhopal Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
- Best Time To Visit Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal
- Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal Timings
- Address Of Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal
- Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal Pincode
1. Who Made Taj Ul Masjid?
The construction of the mosque that was stalled in the 18th century was completed in 1985 by Maulana Sayed Hashmat Ali Sahab and Allama Mohammad Imran Khan Nadwi Azhari from Bhopal. When Bahadur Shah Zafar was ruling this country, this temple was built. It was built during the 18th century. Tajul masjid means, ‘crown among mosques.’ The reconstruction of the masjid was started in 1971 and completed in 1985. The eastern gate of the masjid was renovated in a grand design. This masjid is one of the most significant landmarks in the city.
2. Taj Ul Masjid History And Architecture
This mosque is built in the mogul architecture through its interiors and exteriors. The area of the mosque spreads across 23312 square feet. The flooring of the mosque is done in crystal slabs and was imported from England to give it a regal finish. The architecture of this mosque is similar to the Jama Masjid of Delhi. It has pink facades and minarets that are 18 stories. It has marble flooring, a courtyard, and a tank. There are 27 ceilings throughout the masjid that are held by pillars. This place also has archways and multiple openings for prayers.
There are many fine carvings on the walls of the masjid and trellis work. The prayer hall is highly ornate with motifs that are intricate and artistic. The entire mosque on the interior and the exterior is a piece of marvel that has many artistic elements that you can admire apart from being a sacred shrine.
Though this is one of the largest mosques the construction of this mosque has remained incomplete due to insufficient funds. This masjid looks beautiful through its grandeur. There is an Islamic school runs inside this masjid that teaches Islamic principles and way of life. Annually a three-day religious event is conducted every year at this masjid. People from all over the country visit this annual congregation.
3. Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal Facts
- Tajul Masjid was built by Nawab Shah Jahan Begum and her daughter Sultan Jahan Begum throughout her lifetime.
- The minarets of this mosque are said to point towards heaven.
- This is one of the most important Muslim pilgrimages in India.
- There are eleven arches in the prayer hall.
- The minarets are 67 meters high.
- The main entrances are 74 feet high and are made in red sandstone and marble.
- There is lattice work on the arches of the masjid.
- The prayer hall is 260 feet long and has calligraphy, floral motifs, and ornate carvings on its interiors.
- The western side of the masjid has four semi-circular cups that are in four and five feet. These are placed above the masjid and are believed to be companions of Prophet Muhammad.
- The minarets of this masjid are visible from a distance.
- This is the mosque constructed by women.
- Bhopal is the only city which has women who have constructed a mosque which is even existent today.
4. How To Reach Taj Ul Masajid Bhopal Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
You can reach Bhopal by air, train, and by road. Bhopal has an airport that is well connected to various cities. You can take a flight to Bhopal and reach the interior of the city which is 15 km away from the airport. There are many well-connected trains to reach Bhopal from various cities. To teach the masjid you can hire a taxi or take private transportation from the airport or the railway station.
5. Best Time To Visit Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal
The mosque is open throughout the year for everyone to visit.
6. Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal Timings
06:00hrs to 20:00hrs (Monday to Sunday)
Non-Muslims are not allowed to enter the Masjid on Friday.
7. Address Of Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal
Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal, NH 12, Kohefiza, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh, India
8. Taj Ul Masjid Bhopal Pincode
Taj ul Masjid pincode 452001