Hill stations in Madhya Pradesh is a major tourist attraction of this state. Madhya Pradesh has many tourist places to visit like Khajuraho temple, Bhimbetka caves, Mahakal temple and hills stations. There are many scenic hill stations that you can visit in Madhya Pradesh. They are a blend of ancient history and beauty. Hill station in Madhya Pradesh tourism is popular spots for trekking and nature photography. Visiting these hill stations provides serene travel experience. These are the hill stations that you can visit in Madhya Pradesh as they can offer scenic beauty and many outdoor activities.
List Of Hill Stations In Madhya Pradesh
List Of Hill Stations In Madhya Pradesh
1. Pachmarhi Hill Station Of Madhya Pradesh
Pachmarhi is one of the most beautiful hill stations in Madhya Pradesh. It is known as the ‘Queen of Satpura Range.’There are forests, waterfalls, streams, scenic spots and many places of sightseeing.
Places To Visit In Pachmarhi Hill Station In Madhya Pradesh
- Bee Falls: Bee falls is one of the famous picnic and trekking spots in Pachmarhi. This is a 35-meter cascade surrounded by lush green forest. You can spend a day at this falls with family and friends enjoying the scenic beauty of this place.
- Jata Shankar Caves: Jata Shankar Caves is a natural Shiva Lingam formed at these caves. It is said that as per the legend, Lord Shiva hide here to protect himself from Bhasmasura. The cave is said to represent the celestial snake Sheshanga. Many devotees visit this cave.
- Pandava Caves: Pandava Caves is said that Pandavas from the Mahabharata epic are said to live in these caves during their exile. It is now converted into a monument for tourists to visit this place. Later Buddhist monks took shelter in these caves.
- Dhoopgarh: Dhoopgarh is a popular spot to watch sunrise and sunsets. These are the most stunning view during the dawn and dusk. You can visit this spot to enjoy the beauty of nature and also for some of nature’s photography. It also has a scenic trekking route where you pass through valleys and waterfalls.
- Handi Khoh: Handi Khoh is said that in ancient times this was a lake that was guarded by an evil snake whom Lord Shiva destroyed and since then the lake here is dried. This is now a dense forest that has lush green and scenic beauty. This is a trekking spot.
- Mahadeo hill: Mahadeo Hill is said to be an ancient abode of Lord Shiva. It has an idol as well as Shiva Lingam within this shrine. There is a cave in this area that has cave paintings and a holy pond where devotees take a dip.
- Duchess Falls: Duchess Falls is one of the most stunning waterfalls in the hill station. A place where tourists enjoy the scenic beauty of the place and hear the roar of the waterfalls.
- Satpura National Park: Experience wildlife, flora, and fauna at this national park. It has a tiger reserve, a sanctuary, and a variety of species of plants and animals. You can spot crocodiles, otters, langurs, squirrels, porcupines, white bison, and many more species of wild animals.
- Priyadarshini Point: Priyadarshini Point is the peak which gives a bird’s eye view of the hill station. It has a beautiful landscape that you can enjoy and take pictures of nature and scenic spots.
- Chauragarh Temple: Chauragarh Temple is a temple of Lord Shiva. There are thousands of tridents inside this temple. The sunrise at this temple is a must watch as it provides a stunning view of the valley.
- Apsara Vihar: Apsara Vihar is a beautiful waterfall that forms a pool at this spot. This is a favorite picnic spot amongst the travelers. You can enjoy the serenity and ambiance of this place.
Read More: Pachmarhi Tour Guide: Places To Visit In Pachmarhi Tourism
2. Shivpuri Hill Station Madhya Pradesh
Shivpuri Hill Station is a beautiful hill station that has ancient monuments that are in the backdrop of hills. This once used to the hunting ground of Mughal Emperors. You can visit the ancient monuments and get a glimpse of the Royal heritage that once ruled this state. There are woody forests where you can trek, and enjoying the beauty of nature.
Places To Visit In Shivpuri Hill Station In Madhya Pradesh
- Madhav National Park: Madhav National Park is a serene national park to witness wildlife and nature. You can spot chinkara, gazelle, sambar, sloth bear, black buck, purple sunbird, and many more animal, plant, and bird species. This is a beautiful place to visit for nature lovers.
- Chhatri: It was built by the Royal Scindias and is surrounded by the Mughal gardens. This is a popular monument at this hill station that has Mughal and Hindu architectural style. It has tombs, gardens, orchards, and bushes surrounding it.
- Bhadaiya Kund: This is a natural pool and a picnic spot that has many scenic spots to spend time and take photographs. These pools are said to have strong mineral content.
- Sakhya Sagar Lake: This is a lake where you will find crocodiles, reptiles, pythons, and monitor lizards. It is a part of the national park. You can take a boat ride in the nearby area.
- Panihar: This is a holy pool in the hill station. It is surrounded by scenic beauty. It is said that a dip inside this pool washes off sins and all the wrongdoings of the past.
- Banganga: This is an ancient temple that has 52 holy pools. It is said as per the legends that Arjuna shot his bow at this spot to get water from the ground to quench Bhishma’s thirst. This is how this place got its name from this incident from the epic Mahabharata.
- Karera Bird Sanctuary: Bird lovers will love visiting this sanctuary. You can spot many species of birds as well as migratory birds at this sanctuary. Find the Indian bustard, spoonbill, heron, egret, and many other birds amongst 245 species of birds. You can also spot animals like tigers, leopards, monkeys, and more.
3. Omkareshwar Hill Station Of Madhya Pradesh
This place is also known as ‘Mini Varanasi.’It is located at the confluence of River Narmada and Kaveri. This is a holy city where two valleys blend. One of the 12 Jyotirlingas is situated at this place. This is a sacred town that is surrounded by scenic beauty and many places of sightseeing.
Places To Visit In Omkareshwar Hill Station Madhya Pradesh
- Omkareshwar Jyotirlinga Temple: This is an ancient and the most revered temple in India. It is located on an island and this island is said to be in the shape of ‘Om.’On this island, there are many temples. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It has beautiful architecture, frescos, and paintings. It is said that parikrama around this island is said to bring in positive energy.
- Kedareshwar Temple: This temple was built in the 11th century and people from all over the world visit this temple. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is one of the temples that have religious significance.
- Siddhanath Temple: This is a temple built in the 13th century. You can visit this temple to view its architecture and surrounding beauty. There are carvings and sculptures on the pillars and walls of the temple.
- Kajal Rani Cave: This is a scenic spot and is famous amongst nature enthusiasts and nature photographers. The caves are surrounded by water bodies and provide a serene spot for a great view and picnics.
Read More: Places To Visit In Khajuraho Tourism
4. Mandu Hill Station Madhya Pradesh
The Mandu hill station has architectural beauty, a history of the beautiful love story between Rani Roopmati and Prince Baz Bahadur. There are many historical monuments that you can visit to view its architectural beauty.
Things To See In Mandu Hill Station In Madhya Pradesh
- Jahaz Mahal: This palace was built in the 15th century and is known for its stunning architecture. This palace is built in the design of a ship and a pond surrounding it. It gives the impression that the palace is floating. This palace is a blend of Hindu, Islamic, Afghan, and Mesopotamian style of architecture.
- Rani Roopmati Pavilion: Rani Roopmati was known as a beautiful singer and Prince Baz Bahadur fell in love with her. This piece of architecture was built by Baz Bahadur to show his love for the women he loved. It is located on the banks of the River Narmada.
- Baz Bahadur Palace: This is the palace built in the 15th century by Baz Bahadur in the Hindu Islamic style of architecture and has Rajasthani carvings on them.
- Jami Masjid: This is a mosque that is built in the Afghani style of architecture. Its charm lasted for 49 years and its construction was completed by Muhammad Khilji. It is surrounded by beautiful gardens.
- Hindola Mahal: This is one of the opulent palaces and is also known as Swinging Palace. It is built in the Malwa-Sultanate architectural style. It is built in red sandstone and has many carved columns. This is a T-shaped palace and has an open-air theatre.
- Champa Baoli Hammam: This is the Turkish bath that is built in the shape of a Champa flower. This is one of the architectural marvels constructed during the Mughal times. These rooms are constructed in a way to keep the temperature cool inside even if the weather outside is very hot.
- Jain Temple: This is an ancient temple that is built in the Islamic architectural style. There are gold, silver, and marble statues of Jain saints inside this temple. This temple is located on a hilltop and has a park and a museum.
- Hoshang’s Tomb: This is an edifice that is known to have inspired the design and architecture of Taj Mahal. It is said that Shah Jahan had sent his craftsmen to study the design and architecture of this tomb before building Taj Mahal, one of the seven wonders of the world.
5. Amarkantak Hill Station Madhya Pradesh
Amarkantak is a religious hill station where there are many places of sightseeing, temples, and scenic places to visit. It is located in the Vindhya and Satpura hill range. There are an interesting legend and history surrounding this hill station. It is said that when Lord Shiva killed Tripura, his ashes fell at this place. This is one of the most revered pilgrim sites. These ashes turned into thousands of Shivlings. It has many holy ponds and waterfalls, and places of nature for sightseeing. This place is the source of holy River Narmada.
Places To See In Amarkantak, Madhya Pradesh Hill Station
- Narmada Kund: This is the place where the River Narmada originated. It has 16 stone temples of various Hindu gods and goddesses. It is spread across a land of 6 acres.
- Kapil Dhara: These are scenic waterfalls that fall from a great height. It is said that sage Kapil Muni meditated at this place and these waterfalls are named after him. These are 100 feet waterfalls that are surrounded by lush green.
- Trimukhi Temple: This is a temple that is dedicated to Lord Shiva. There are faces of the trinity carved on the walls of this temple. There are many other attractions close to this temple.
- Sonakshi Shakti Peeth Temple: This temple is dedicated to goddess Sonakshi, a form of goddess Durga. It has the hill range of Satpura hills in the backdrop and River Sone surrounding it. This temple is located on the hillside.
- Mai Ki Bagiya: This is a natural garden closer to the Narmada Kund and is surrounded by lush forest. It is dedicated to goddess Narmada and has mangroves, banana, and other fruit trees. You can also find roses and other flowering plants in this garden.
- Ancient Temples Of Kalachuri Period: These temples are known for their architectural style. The Pataleshwar Mahadev temple is a must visit at this site. These temples depict the brilliance of the Kalachuri architectural style.
- Sonemuda: This is the starting point of the River Son. The river plunges from the Maikal Mountain and falls at a 1000 feet. This place can be visited for its scenic view. It is said that this river carries gold dust.
- Explore Ranikhet Tourism: Places To Visit In Ranikhet Uttarakhand
- Places To Visit in Dharamshala Tourism Himachal Pradesh
- 15 Best Places To Visit In Dehradun City
- Mount Abu Tourism: Mount Abu Tourist Places
- 10 Best Places To Visit In Mussoorie Hill Station