Shree Maa Vaishno Devi is considered among the top visited pilgrimage site in the world. It is also known as one of the holiest pilgrimages in the world. Vaishno Devi Temple is known to fulfill all the wishes people go and wish there. Vaishno Devi temple is known to be located in a holy cave which is situated in between the folds of three mountains around it. These 3 mountains are formerly known as Trikuta. This holy cave where Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir is located it attracts millions of devotees towards it every year. People every year visit there and the no. of pilgrims have been raising since year by year. The cave of Vaishno Mata is situated at an altitude of 5200 ft. And all the pilgrims have to trek about 12kms to reach holy cave from the base camp located at Katra. There are no idols or statues situated inside the cave.
Vaishno Devi Yatra
There are many things that one should be aware of during Vaishno Devi Mandir Yatra.
Before The Vaishno Devi Yatra
- When one is proceeding for the trek, they should ensure that they have obtained a Yatra slip from Yatra registration counter located near bus stand of Katra. This slip is free of cost.
- Electronic equipment like video cameras is not allowed on track.
- People need not carry food, water, and blankets such things are available, so they need to travel light.
- Ensure that ponies and porters you are hiring carry official registration.
During The Vaishno Devi Yatra
- People should co-operate with the security agencies for the security of each pilgrimage.
- Need not to eat anything offered by strangers.
- People should not treat Yatra as a journey outing or a vacation because yatra is a faith journey.
- Keep the nearby environment neat and clean. Hill slopes should be kept clean and safe.
- A person should also respect the sentiments of co-pilgrims.
- Begging is strictly prohibited during treck, and people should not encourage begging.
- Yatris who suffer from diseases like asthma and any other medical problems should first seek a doctor.
- One should avoid using the routes that have been closed because of repair as they might be quite dangerous.
During The Darshan And At Bhavan
- A person should not use soap, shampoos, oils, etc, at bathing Ghats.
- A person should deposit his/her coconut inside the main waiting and get a token against it.
- Pojan of Kanya is strictly prohibited inside the holy cave.
- Chanting all the praising slogan of Vaishno Mata inside the cave is not allowed.
- Offering any tip or Dakshina to any of the employee or person is strictly prohibited inside Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir.
Transport Services For Vaishno Devi Mandir
You can easily find transport services for Maa Vaishno Devi Mandir; you can either prefer cart facilities if want to carry heavy luggage.
Vaishno Devi Helicopter
Maa Vaishno Devi helicopter service starts from foothills of Katra itself and drops a person at the Sanjhichatt.
Points To Avail Vaishno Devi Helicopter Service
- A person should have yatra registration slip at the heli-ticket counter for availing the service of the helicopter.
- It is mandatory to have ID proof of all the family members who wish to avail the helicopter service.
- All the Yatris should be beware of the travel agents/touts taking money for the helicopter tickets.
- The rate for one side for a single person is Rs. 1005.
Points To Avail Online Vaishno Service Of Helicopter
A person can register by clicking on new devotee and log in. Then a person shall close all the tabs and reopen and then log in and click on the Vaishno Devi helicopter service and shall select the date, route, time and no. of the passenger. In the end, the payment gateway one should link the bank name and can enter the credit card number and can do the payment for the service.
Medical Services At Vaishno Devi Temple
You will find all type of emergency services at Vaishno Devi Temple. Moreover, the interesting thing is one can start their journey after going through a medical check-up. This is because at high-altitudes the volume of oxygen varies. So for people who are suffering from heart-related problems special preventive measures are there.
Jammu To Katra
The average Jammu to Katra distance is 45.7 km approx. There are various sources of options which one can use to go for Katra. The route is hilly that is why the passengers often face nausea and vomiting. If one is traveling by their own vehicle, they can directly go for Katra without halting at Jammu and can head directly on NH 1A.
Ordinary and luxury buses are available from Jammu to Katra at a time break of 15-20 minutes. Ordinary buses can be boarded from bus stand 1km away from Jammu railway station and while luxury buses are available from outside the Jammu railway station and they take approximately 2 hours to cover up the distance between Jammu and Katra.
One can go for private taxies, as they are easily available from the railway station and Jammu Airport. These private taxies take 70-80 minutes to cover up the distance.
The temperature of Katra is usually very low during winters as compared to summers. The month between August to October are more preferable. As we all know that during summers it is quite difficult to hike up the mountains. Moreover, you will find a huge crowd in the month of May, June, and July. The temperature is perfect for everyone, and people can easily cope up with the climatic conditions of the place. The minimum temperature during winter is 3 degree Celsius and the maximum is 15 degree Celsius. The minimum temperature during summer is 20 degree Celsius and maximum is 41 degree Celsius.
The above-provided information may help you to know more about Maa Vaishno Devi Yatra. With the help of this information, you can easily choose to go for the yatra.
Read More: Kedarnath Yatra: Gaurikund To Kedarnath Trek