Trekking in India is becoming one of the most adaptable adventure tours in every part of India. Which is considered as a source of unforgettable energetic happiness. But before heading to it, everyone needs some trekking and hiking lessons or training to survive safely in such adventures activities. Nowadays Indian institute also provides basic mountaineering courses in Institute of mountaineering and many other courses.
If you are thinking yourself on a mount by handling a trekking bag on your back and the headsets on your ears. Playing a song “Musafir…hun Yaron, Na Ghar hai Na Thikana…Mujhe Bas Chalte Jana hai…”Wow!. Yes, this is trekking! But how it will be possible? Well, no worries! Here are some insights of top trekking Indian institute which will give you the best training and education in conquering your fear in trekking in India.
- Himalayan Mountaineering Institute Darjeeling West Bengal
- Nehru Institute Of Mountaineering Adventure Course Uttarkashi Uttarakhand
- The Jawahar Institute Of Mountaineering And Winter Sports (Jim & Ws) Pahalgam, Jammu And Kashmir
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute Of Mountaineering And Allied Sports, Manali, Himachal Pradesh
- Indian Institute Of Skiing And Mountaineering Gulmarg Jammu And Kashmir
- National Institute Of Mountaineering & Allied Sports Dirang Arunachal Pradesh
Best Trekking And Mountaineering Institutes In India
1. Himalayan Mountaineering Institute Darjeeling West Bengal
Himalayan Mountaineering Institute is ranked as the top institute in the world. This was founded and established by Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. The location of the institute itself a hill station of Darjeeling and Kanchenjunga National Park. Where the first sunray falls in the morning. The Indian Institute provides the fully fledged training to the trainee and researcher also. Trekking in India eligibility criteria for the training or courses is based on of physical wellness and age.
- Adventure Course: 15 days Adventure Course of Trekking, rock craft and water sports
- Basic Mountaineering Course: 28 Days of rock, snow and ice climbing
- Advance Mountaineering Course: 28 Days of climbing a mountain with advanced techniques
- Methods of Instruction Course: 28 days of Practical training to handle students.
- Special Course for Visually Challenged and underprivileged section of society
- Special Course: On special demand
2. Nehru Institute Of Mountaineering Adventure Course Uttarkashi Uttarakhand
Nehru Institute of Mountaineering is rated one of the best and most prestigious institutes in India as well as in Asia. Uttarkashi was selected as the location of institute just because of close proximity to the Gangotri, bank of Bhagirathi River which is best climbing and training potential in the world.
- Adventure Course 1: Age limit 14- 18 Years for trekking, rock climbing, watermanship
- Adventure Course 2: Age limit 19- 40 Years for trekking, rock climbing, watermanship
- Basic Mountaineering Courses: 26 Days of rock climbing, trekking in India
- Advance Mountaineering Courses: 28 Days of advanced training
- Search and Rescue Course: Search and Rescue techniques at the rock, snow, and ice
- Methods of Instruction Course: prepare mountaineers for becoming potential Instructors
- Special Course: On request
3. The Jawahar Institute Of Mountaineering And Winter Sports (Jim & Ws) Pahalgam, Jammu And Kashmir
Jawahar Institute of Mountaineering is another popular trekking institute in India. The prime feature of the institute is its location, Pahalgam a tourist destination of Jammu and Kashmir. The place is a paradise for trekkers. Many facilities are provided to them like stream crossing, ice craft, and rock craft. The institute has its four sub-centers in Gulmarg, Shey, Sanasar Patnitop Kud and Nalthi Bhaderwah.
- Basic Mountaineering Courses: Basic techniques of Trek, rock craft, and ice craft
- Advance Mountaineering Courses: Advance techniques of Trek, rock craft, and ice craft
- Method of Instructions: Practical training to handle students
- Search and Rescue: Advance training on search and rescue operations
- Adventure Course: Mountaineering, trekking, tent pitching, and survival in jungles
- Adhoc Adventure Skiing: Techniques of rock climbing, trekking in India, tent pitching, skiing
- Basic Skiing Course: Techniques of Alpine skiing in the mountainous snow
- Intermediate skiing Course: Extra training of Alpine skiing in the mountainous snow
4. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute Of Mountaineering And Allied Sports, Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of mountaineering is a largest adventure sports training center in India, a project of the government of Himachal Pradesh. The institute is located on20 acres of forested land on the banks of the river Beas in Manali. The Atal Bihari Vajpayee Institute of Mountaineering has nine sub-centers all over the Himachal Pradesh and so far more than 40,000 people have been trained.
- Mountaineering Courses: 26 days of basic and advance and instruction methods courses
- Skiing Course: Classic techniques of Skiing
- Water Sports Training: 14 days of rafting, kayaking and advances water sports
- Corporate Adventure: tips and tricks for racing, sleep management strategies, sprint race versus expedition, teamwork, kayaking, mountain biking and rope skills orienteering
- Trekking: 26 days of basic and advance and instruction methods courses of trekking
- Aero Sports: Basics of paragliding, techniques for safe flying
5. Indian Institute Of Skiing And Mountaineering Gulmarg Jammu And Kashmir
Indian Institute of Skiing and Mountaineering was established by the department of tourism, India with the goal of promoting adventure sports in youngsters. The institute provides the high-quality training with qualified instructors and best-imported equipment.
- Snow Skiing at Gulmarg
- Water Skiing in beautiful lakes of Kashmir Valley
- Trekking/Mountaineering programmes in Kashmir and Ladakh
- White Water Rafting in Lidder and Sindh rivers
- Paragliding at Gulmarg, Yousmarg, and Sonmarg
6. National Institute Of Mountaineering & Allied Sports Dirang Arunachal Pradesh
National Institute of Mountaineering and Allied Sports (NIMAS) was established with an aim. To allow civilians to experience challenges across a variety of outdoor surfaces as well as pursue a career in adventure sports. Institute provides the various training programmes on adventure sports. To draw upon the ideas of self- exploration with the location of West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh. A hill station at a height of somewhere between 6000-7000 feet.
- Mountaineering Courses: Basic and advanced training on Mountaineering
- Methods of Instructions: Practical training on instructor post
- Search and Rescue: Techniques and training on operation
- Para Motor Course: Basic & Advance Paragliding
All the above courses are challenging, but it will give you the skills and knowledge to accomplish your adventure. Apart from the above-mentioned institutes, there are many more schools. And training institutes which will give you the best experience in the minimum budget for your trekking adventure.
Read More: Top 10 Trekking Place In India